The Home Page

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tasty Tuesday Eggplant Lasagna

My first posting for Tasty Tuesday!  Yummo mama!


Eggplant Lasagna (serves 4)

1 med sized eggplant-cut into think strips lengthwise  (brown lightly in olive oil)
1 jar prepared pasta sauce (or 2 cups of your own homemade)
2 Cups each mozzarella, shredded and provolone, shredded
1 large egg mixed into  1 Cup cottage cheese
1 # ground sirloin, browned and broken up

Preheat oven to 375*

In a baking dish  (8X10  is perfect) spread thin layer of sauce on the bottom.  Top with slices of eggplant, then mozzarella cheese (1/2), ground meat (!/2), spoon fulls of cottage cheese mix (1/2) and repeat the layers.  Ending with all of the provolone cheese generously on top of the last bit of sauce.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the eggplant is soft and the cheese is nicely melted and lightly browned.

I serve with garlic toast and salad........no pasta here, the eggplant is the pasta!

Enjoy! 

7 comments:

  1. This sounds good.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2011/09/wordless-wednesday-travelers.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, what time is dinner??

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce...it is amazing! My hubby does not like eggplant at all, but he loves, loves this.

    Kathy...You missed it! lol It is delish, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful! I'm always on the lookout for recipes like this that are lower in carbs. I'll have to try this and see what my family thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, lasagna is one of my favorites. I've gotta try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa...please let me know how they liked it?

    Langley...I am sure you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok-This recipe is perfect for fall. NUMMY

    ReplyDelete

I really want to know that YOU were here...please drop me a note or just say Hi ~ I do love a comment and it keeps me motivated!

You write and I will answer. Eventually. Show the love!