The Home Page

Friday, November 9, 2012

Writer's Post Blog Hop ~ Keys

The keys to life are many and varied and all one has to do to find them, is look.

The key to financial security might come from landing the job you love and finding it also pays well. It might be found in a family inheritance. It might even be found in thin air on the day that you realize you don't have to have the nicest things or the latest gadgets to be wealthy. You just need to make enough to afford the necessities of life and maybe you're okay with very little material things in your life, as long as there is someone.

The key to love is often found by first obtaining the key to solitude. Yep, you gotta be alone at some point, in order to learn to love YOU and then you can move on to learning how to love someone else.

The key to your heart is no doubt held by all the people you already love and care deeply about. Those people can break your heart and also make your heart swell with pride, that key is a powerful one so do be careful who you give it to. No one can take it, by the way, you have to give it them.

There is one more key that interests me. The key to knowledge. It lies within your own curiosity. Whatever it is that makes you curious is also what will drive you to learn all you can. Knowledge, in turn, is almost always the key to financial success, however you define that.  If you are going to make a living, first learn about it and then love doing it.  Knowledge is key.

Happiness, you ask? Is there a key to happiness?

I think so. I believe you just have to choose it. Every day you wake you have to choose whether today is a happy day or a sad day. You get to choose. You may doubt this, but I am living proof. I have days that begin with anything but happy feelings, but I choose to let those go and move into a happy place. Remembering all the good things about your life is one way to start. You can also simply close your eyes and think for a few seconds about how grateful you are that your eyes opened, your legs are working and you are thinking. Wow. That is something to be happy about, right there!

Seeing the silver lining is not living in denial; it's finding the good. Finding the good will almost always keep things in prospective for you. The bad and the sad will always find their way in, but a positive and upbeat attitude will overcome them every time.

Life has so many keys and they are all laid out before you daily. Look them over and pick the ones you like. It's your life and the keys are there for you to choose.

Jo


18 comments:

  1. The key to love is often found by first obtaining the key to solitude - I often wonder why I find myself in solitude - thank you for the answer to that. You are so right about happiness - that is truly a choice we make. Great thoughts here Jo. thanks for sharing. Amazing how many times I get answers to questions I am thinking about just from reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about finding answers sometimes in blogs. I think it is because so many of us write from life's experience and real heartfelt words spring forth.
      It is a wise person who learns from those they admire and in these writing groups there are MANY to admire.

      Thank you, Suzy for your loyalty and your thoughts. :-)

      Delete
  2. You are so right. I especially appreciate your take on the key to happiness. It's a choice. And each day we can make that choice anew. When we choose happiness, the other keys fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right Jo.. Every day we have a choice.. Choose the key to happiness or a key to the dungeon far below.. No thanks. I choose life. Life abundantly so I'm just gonna' jingle n' jangle all thru this life a high school janitor opening all the doors I can and hoping what awaits on the other side is nothing but joy! :) Great post. As always.. You're so wise..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay Miss Janitor...you just keep things nice and clean AND unlocked so opportunity can come runnin' in.

      Thank you, Karen.

      Delete
  4. I believe happiness is a choice too--and how we choose to look at a situation (perspective) is mostly driven by our past experiences and current attitudes. Wonderful post Jo!!

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn. It's so nice of you to always make time to stop and see what I'm up to. Choosing a smile, now! :-)

      Delete
  5. Looks like you have these keys down pat.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe or maybe not! I think it's pretty simple this living thing, though...just wake up each day!

      Delete
  6. I am very interested with both keys to knowledge and happiness as well as I believe we hold those keys and can use them anytime we want. BTW. Well written. Now I need to go and write one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! Now hustle out there and get busy!!

      He he he

      Delete
  7. I can always count on you Jo for these pearls of wisdom...because they really are that...precious gems of knowledge that comes from one who has been there before. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So there is some value to living a long time and surviving some trials! Thank you for your kindness and for not just saying "old people know stuff". lol

      You are so sweet.

      Delete
  8. Filled with great wisdom. Well done Jo!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With age comes wisdom...or the appearance thereof. who said that? anyway, thank you, Kathy.

      Delete
  9. I love your advice. And you're so right about happiness and gratitude. There is a set of Jewish prayers that you're supposed to recite every morning to express your gratitude and they actually include things like being able to open your eyes to see, etc. as well as some more lofty things. I don't personally recite them every morning, but when I do, it does remind me of the many things I have to be grateful for and puts me in a better mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ya think life is always better if you count your blessings on a regular basis? I like the idea of starting each day with that thought!

      Thanks Jennifer. Good to see you again.

      Delete

I really want to know that YOU were here...please drop me a note or just say Hi ~ I do love a comment and it keeps me motivated!

You write and I will answer. Eventually. Show the love!