The Home Page

Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Thinking...

Following three showings of our home over the week-end, I am both excited and concerned. The realtor is confused because only one person has suggested the price could come down, so she'll wait for a while. The other "buyers" feel it's priced to sell. I know it's priced where we need it to be in order to move with Momma and find suitable houses in our new destination, Ormond Beach, FL.

ABSOLUTELY determined to stay another winter if our price can't be met. Momma can move in here at the end of our contract to sell and we'll just settle in. That isn't a horrible thing, but just means probably two moves for her and her furniture will have to go to storage, I think.

We had a house full of kids and grandkids last week and hosted a Fourth Party for around 50 or more of our Heroux family. Now that they've all gone back to their own homes and lives, it's very quiet here and as always, a little depressing. Having our quiet, routine life back is a bit comfortable and still a bit too quiet for the first week or so that they aren't here. I really miss them.

Keeping the house ready to show isn't an issue at all, but keeping us out of here for an hour or two with the dogs in the very hot summer has been annoying. We are spending more money in gas to keep the car running to keep puppies cool than we usually spend in a month!  All part of wanting to sell during what we feel is the best time to showcase this resort type backyard.  Maybe we should showcase the extra lot to the east as a winter wonderland for snowmobiling instead.

Mentally making a list of things to improve if we reach the end of this contract without a sale. All the time hoping we don't need to do that.

Noticing a lot of self-improvement posts the last couple of weeks on my news feed. You know, losing weight, exercising, eating healthier, new hair styles and clothing lines all directed at "looking"
better or different. I am always amused by these. I am looking at 65 in my very near future and I simply don't care if I'm "all that" anymore. I honestly don't. I care that I'm healthy. I care that I stay active enough to take care of the things I need to do, but the whole size zero jeans, cut to my navel tops or flappy upper arms...don't care. I have lots of old lady skin. Lots! I don't like it, but it's mine so I don't look at it. I cover it up a lot because I don't want to see it. I don't do make-up hardly ever because I don't want to. I wear my hair as simply as I can and still not cringe when I pass a mirror, but it's far from stylish or current. It's just me. I have been wondering at what point in my life did I actually get this way? I can't remember now, but I know it was gradual. I didn't wake up one day and just start buying clothes that are comfortable over clothes that are cool. For the record, Momma isn't there yet. She still cares a LOT about how she looks. Hair must be done. Clothes must be matched and by her standards, in style.

Done thinking for now...happy Monday people!  If you want to be loved...you gotta love. ❤️

Jo

14 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, keep the faith...you have a beautiful home in a beautiful area! You just need that right person to see it!
    The first week after company leaves is always the hardest, as back to "normal" feels awfully dull!
    I see a lot of those self improvement ads myself, but not anything to help me with my food allergy. I KNOW I have one...
    Everything I eat makes me swell up!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day you won't notice any more. Maybe. I stopped seeing it at some point and now just focus on the inside me. I'm liking her much better now.

      Delete
  2. Good luck selling your house. Being kicked out for a few hours regularly would be tough and having to keep it neat and clean all the time. Good for you being content with what the good Lord gave you.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pain, but the price you pay, I know. Keeping the house clean is not a biggie with just Mike and I here, but the leaving with the dogs sometimes two times in a day, is a big pain.

      As far as being content with what I look like, I can't change it anyway and I suspect He thinks this is who I am, so...okay then.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy you meanderings always. Hoping the best for your future. Velda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my buddy. ❤️. It'll all be as it must.

      Delete
  4. You have such a beautiful home that is bound to sell. Keep the faith my friend. When it is meant to be it will happen. I don't pay attention to any of those ads either and I am only 46. I am what I am, people need to deal with it as I need to. Loved visiting here and catching up with what is happening with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️Thanks my lil buddy! I don't put much pressure on you to comment these days! Haha
      I appreciate your support here and in my life.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with selling the house. I totally agree with you about dressing/appearing as YOU want to be. I never wear makeup now, my hair 'style' has been the same for years (i.e. easy to cope with), and I dress for comfort and not to impress anyone. That's not to say I don't care how I look, I do look neat and tidy if I go out anywhere, but I hope people see the real me, and not my clothes or hair or what shoes I happen to be wearing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only care how I look to me, I guess. I'm not opposed to the compliment now and then, but I also don't expect them anymore. ;-)
      Trying to catch up on your trip blogs, I got behind!

      Delete
  6. I too am over the self-improvement as a pursuit thing. I think if we basically behave, eat well, sleep enough, drink plenty of water, see friends and keep moving in a way that pushes us a little it's enough. It's enough for me anyway, and to your point, somewhere along the way you realize you're following your own rules and if you're like me, you realize too, how easily you laugh, and how often. This concludes my too-long, but supportive comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too long...it's nice to hear other strong and confident women who know they are enough. We are exactly what we are meant to be and the acceptance of that does indeed make us happy and grateful.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the house Jo - the right person to own it and love it as much as you have will find it! I have been on the dress/hair/no make-up comfort road for the last few years and feel a lot more comfortable in my own skin because of it. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot in common, Amy and I'm not at all surprised to hear or read my own words in your messages of support. This is what I tell Roomy when he begins to doubt.

      Delete

I really want to know that YOU were here...please drop me a note or just say Hi ~ I do love a comment and it keeps me motivated!

You write and I will answer. Eventually. Show the love!