The Home Page

Friday, August 18, 2023

TIME

GBE#2 TIME. My one commodity of which i have plenty is, time. I am not a busy person nor to I want to be. when I have a project to do, I like having my own time line, an hour here and there or maybe a day or two of buckling down and gettin' 'er done. Either way, it's entirely up to me. Retirement took me awhile to get used to. I had always been a person who just had ti fill every weekend with chores that I didn't have time for during the work week. I'm not her anymore. I enjoy doing what I'm capable of doing to keep the homestead in good repair and clean. I very much enjoy doing so at my leisure because I live in Florida, east coast, and it's very hot here from April through November usually. so working slowly and taking a lot of breaks is necessary and makes the chore go better. Having explained allof that...I also love lounging. I'm a crossword, find a word, make a word, puzzle building computer girl. Computer games can fill my whole day and I'm good with that, sometimes. I also enjoy Bingo, cards with my tribe and an occassional dinner out with the ladies ofour community and friends. Time, I have plenty and it is one of the things I am most grateful to have, I don't have to work,not yet anyway. It could happen if prices donkt soon begin to level out.

11 comments:

  1. I have quiet a bit of time these days, too. I think your use of tour time, is absolutely perfect! Always keep yourself on your timetable! Take good care of you! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darlin’. I lightened up for this one.

      Delete
  2. I've had some time off this summer (changing the daycare to accepting only children of teachers, school admin, and others who work the school schedule has been great!) and discovered that I really, really love to putter. One of these days, hopefully soon, I'll retire and can become a full-time putterer, too.

    I can still give you a good crack, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of day! well, some of it actually is my day, the leisure part, mostly laying around in bed all day for me. anyway, I enjoyed your first contribution to the GBE, I hope you will continue to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Same to you. I love your work and your soul.

      Delete
  5. I worked the last 30 years mostly by myself. I found I liked it. When 2020 and my health forced me into retirement, I wondered how I ever had time to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. šŸ‘ My job is very schedule oriented and I have to meet deadlines. Plus since my mom passed I only have my work.

    Maybe one day I’ll retire and just chill but for now I never seem to have enough time. ⏰

    ReplyDelete
  7. Retirement is a process. I love it now and I love that I control my time and my life. I hope you enjoy it, when you’re ready.

    ReplyDelete

I really want to know that YOU were here...please drop me a note or just say Hi ~ I do love a comment and it keeps me motivated!

You write and I will answer. Eventually. Show the love!