The Home Page

Saturday, September 9, 2023

GBE#4 WHAT PROMPTED ME TO JOIN THIS GROUP ************************************************************************************************************** I didn't hesitate to sign up the minute I saw the offer. The Admins are experienced and I felt right at home from the get go! I've missed the blogging world. I have continued to write, but posted very few here on my blog page because I was writing most of it for my own brain dump. I shared a few articles on my page, but very few. I am really comfortable here. Really love that both members and non can click on and read my thoughts. I love having a prompt and then seeing how many different takes there will be on each one. I feel today like I have stepped back a bit into a life I loved. The blogging world gave me an anchor. I learned from reading and from others offering honest critisisms on my style, my wording...whatever. We can learn so much by reading each others work and the comments on our own work. Not to mention those who care enough to send ims with their critiques. So, I'm here because I feel like I belong here and that isn't true of many places in my life now. I still feel like a writer. I still feel it cleans my brain of rants and raves and even happy thoughts that just linger and clog my creativity. Writing releases my mind to be open and involved again. Thank you for giving us this platform again.

10 comments:

  1. I was always fascinated by all the different takes on the subjects, and the similarities. There was definitely a feeling of belonging. I do have one complaint on your writing. And this may just because I'm getting older and grumpier, and my eyes don't work as good. Reading long blocks of copy drives me crazy. Can you break up the text with some spaces occasionally? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could!
      This blogger page has no way to lay out or even chose my font style or size.
      It’s nothing like it used to be.
      I had paragraphs and big spaces….when I publish, this is what I get.
      I used to write in pages and copy/paste here. Can’t do that either.
      I’m sorry.

      Delete
    2. Just a suggestion… You can break it up like I do by using html.

      Delete
    3. Now, that I understand. I'm afraid to try to change my layout because I finally figured how it works. I always write somewhere else, then copy and paste it. This practice comes from losing too many long winded blogs on Myspace!

      Delete
  2. I missed the group, too. The people, their stories, and wonderful connections made within it. Glad we're back up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a group of kindred spirits, although we have different viewpoints and that’s why I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading other people’s perspectives on a subject, too. It makes life feel more expansive, but also less lonely, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I like broadening my vision. And feeling like I belong, as well.

      Delete
  5. I love your mind & that you share it so openly😁❤️🥰

    ReplyDelete

I really want to know that YOU were here...please drop me a note or just say Hi ~ I do love a comment and it keeps me motivated!

You write and I will answer. Eventually. Show the love!