The Home Page

Monday, September 11, 2023

GBE#5 Beauty is so BIG! Yes, I admire many things because they are pleasing to my eye. Or pleasing to my heart. Or pleasing to my ear. But to my MIND, BEAUTY is much deeper. It is the soul of any living thing that is not just existing, but living to spread joy. Living to find and share love. Living to make someone or something else in our shared world better.   Beauty of the soul is just there. I don't think we necessarily develop it or learn it. I think we CAN, but mostly I think it is inherent. It is built into the actual cells of our being. Goodness brings beauty every time. Kindness is the key to beauty.   One may be physically drop over, drop your pants, perfectly gorgeous and still not be a beauty. If the essence of their soul is centered on themselves or their own beauty or feelings of self-importance, beauty cannot thrive. It cannot grow. It cannot exist.   Some incredibly kind, generous, giving people are also blessed with amazingly good physical features that make them what we refer to as "beautiful on the inside as well as the outside" and I know a lot of those as do you most likely.   But I know far more normal, average looking folks who are so kind, loving, selfless and good natured that most everyone considers them the most beautiful people they know. I concur.   Have your say about beauty and I’ll enjoy reading it, but believe me, I'll never see BEAUTY as an outward attribute when standing alone.    

6 comments:

  1. Beauty of the soul is certainly something to strive for. Of course, my mind is still stuck on the phrase "drop your pants, perfectly gorgeous". That sounds quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered by trial and FAILURE that I can copy/paste. Except it doesn’t maintain my font choice nor my size choice.
      So I managed a slight indentation at paragraphs, but that seems to be it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I agree. Kindness allows true beauty to thrive.

      Delete
  3. Indeed, although I don't believe you'd enjoy reading my blog, if you could get to it. Since I posted so late, I'm still on my blogging time where you have until the certain time on the day of to drop your links. But you have the right idea about beauty in humans, it's inherent. Many of the most unattractive on the outside are the most beautiful on the inside, which makes the outside not even matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This right here ☝🏻 Beautifully written, Jo😍
    Kindness.... I know a gal that I thought was pretty attractive. That was, until I found out how unkind she can be. How unkind she chooses to be.
    When I see her laughing, and smiling she's radiant. But wait five minutes, she'll find someone, or something to get pissed about. Her physical appearance actually changes as her angry inner self shines through. The word "hag" comes to mind when I see the change come on, and it makes my heart hurt for her. Knowing she is choosing to be ugly from the inside, like putting on a comfy sweater and welcoming it like an old friend, is hard to watch. Especially when I know how truly beautiful she can be. How she just glows. Honestly, I pray for her heart to soften every day. Not just for her, but for her children.
    I've seen my ugly in the mirror, and I don't like it. I don't like how it makes me feel. How it must make me appear to others. I feel it crush my soul. When I feel unkindness creeping in, I pray for release of those feelings. I want to be the person that chooses kindness every time, because I spent way too much time letting my ugly shine.

    ReplyDelete

I really want to know that YOU were here...please drop me a note or just say Hi ~ I do love a comment and it keeps me motivated!

You write and I will answer. Eventually. Show the love!