The Home Page

Friday, April 27, 2012

REST


Long before I had all the time I need to do all the things I need or want to do, I used to want more than almost anything, rest. These days, when I need a rest or want to rest, I just pretty much do that. Take a break from whatever or take a day
And get some


~Rest~

My head sits softly
Turned to the side
My eyes flutter down
It’s time for good night.

My pillow is cradling
My heart is at ease
My mind is near empty
My face feels the breeze.

Now off into slumber
A pup in my lap
Eyes closed and mouth open
Rest welcome ~ my nap.

Jo



April 26, 2012
TWP 45



10 comments:

  1. Loved the poem. It is so peaceful and reminds me of rest. Great post Jo ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a good napper! tnank you Jenn my very busy friend for taking time for this little ditty.

      Delete
  2. I'm resting in bed now with my Saturday coffee:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really up and about yet either and it's past noon on a dreary and cold Saturday here. ♥

      Delete
  3. My minds eye is working, cute poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...be careful where that eye takes you! I know mine can be very deceptive sometimes. lol
      Thanks for stopping in and commenting. ♥

      Delete
  4. This is lovely. My husband is a true believer in naps - I will be sharing this with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGAIN you were in spam folder! Stoopid FB. Anyway, thank you, I am a good napper and I hope he enjoys my little ditty! ♥

      Delete
  5. I love naps! And welcome them any time of the day! Great post and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I really want to know that YOU were here...please drop me a note or just say Hi ~ I do love a comment and it keeps me motivated!

You write and I will answer. Eventually. Show the love!