The Home Page

Sunday, October 14, 2012

COBWEBS

Cobwebs ~ well, yes, I have some. I've been playing with two of my granddaughters all week and driving to get them and then taking them home, so I do have some, no doubt. Today I could have chosen to rid my house of them, but no, I decided to go shopping this morning and watch the Detroit Lions and Tigers play instead. You should know that I am not a gigantic sports fan and almost never watch the Lions. The Tigers I do watch now and then and I enjoyed their first two games of post season a lot. Exciting and mostly well done. The point here, I sat on my bottom most of the day.  No cleaning and thus, the cobwebs are still hanging.

Tomorrow is grocery day and Tuesday is Momma's 90th birthday and my sis, bil, bro and sil are coming here for dinner to celebrate. So, Tuesday will be cooking day. Maybe Monday afternoon I'll feel like cleaning and chasing dust bunnies and cobwebs, but if not, I think my sis and bro and the in-laws and Momma will be okay with that. (As long as the kitchen is clean and the food is good.) The kitchen is clean, cuz I'm a bit ocd about that.  

Of course, I could say I'm leaving them in preparation for Halloween, they need time to develop into the scary kind versus the haven't cleaned in 2 weeks kind, right?  Yeah, that's my story.

That's it!  Cobweb blog by Jo is not very interesting nor very inspired, but it is done!  Sorry, I'll try harder another day, but not about cobwebs most likely.  :-)

Jo

19 comments:

  1. My Mother used to say, "Be spontaneous! The housework will be there tomorrow!" I'm glad your life is so filled with wonderful things to do and people to love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debi...I love a clean house, but sometimes, it's just not the top of my list!

      Delete
  2. Cobwebs left in favor of preparing good food to share with family and friends is always a winner with me. I loved the day I discovered that candlelight basically makes cobwebs invisible. And so, when those webs are hanging and people drop in, out come the candles. It's sooo much cozier anyway! Happy wishes to your mom as you celebrate her special day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Great advice Amy! Candles and good food with family to celebrate Momma's 90th...just want her day to be a great one. She won't care if there are cobwebs!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one thing we do know about dust bunnies and cobwebs...they won't go anywhere until you make them...stop! Enjoy life! Hanging with friends and eating your scrumptious food would be enough! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree, but today I had time to make them go away! Banished!

      Delete
  5. It is definitely more priority to enjoy life than rid the world of cobwebs.
    Happy Birthday to your Mom.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes, hope she feels up to celebrating, she has a nasty head cold. Dang it.
      Cobwebs are gone...POOF!

      Delete
  6. A 90th party!!! How fun!!!

    Jo, I wish I hadn't read this. Now I can't do a photo entry of all the differen't cob webs in my house. It would look like I'm copy-catting...

    Lol...

    I'd say your priorities are exactly in the right place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is fun to celebrate 90 years and good health! She's amazing. A head cold has settled in on her, but otherwise, she's good.

      The cobwebs are gone...go ahead and photograph your halloween decorations and write all about it! No problem!

      Priorities are usually Momma, grandkids, kids....furbabies and Roomy. :-)

      Delete
  7. Cleaning? What does that mean?

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning: removal of all things not intended for display. Washing all things covered in gunk. Mostly accomplished today...some will not get done.

      Delete
  8. Family togetherness wins over cobwebs! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cobwebs vs Enjoy Life! I vote for 'enjoy life' :) Way to go,Jo!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good choice to go out and enjoy yourself. Cobwebs will always be there for you to brush off another day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. even when you think your blog is boring...i LOVE READING !! ((hugs)) YOU are the BEST granny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Well, thank you Miss Brenda that is just too sweet of you! (((hugs)) right back at cha.

      Delete

I really want to know that YOU were here...please drop me a note or just say Hi ~ I do love a comment and it keeps me motivated!

You write and I will answer. Eventually. Show the love!