The Home Page

Friday, October 19, 2012

DEAR PAST ME, DEAR FUTURE ME

Today's blog host can be found here →click right here

More wonderful posts on this subject→click here

Dear Past Me,

Holy Crap girl, you have so much great stuff in your future, I hardly know where to begin.  Oh, no. I don't want to ruin the surprises for you. You'll see it all soon enough, in  a flash really.

Look in the mirror from time to time and try to see what everyone else sees. You're a cute girl with a big heart. You have made some giant miscalculations and you surely have made some poor choices, but it won't be the last time you do that. You will make many more before your time here is up. You need only to learn from those mistakes and most importantly ~ forgive yourself and try to do better.

My best and most imperative advice to you, my youth, is enjoy these days. Live your youth with all the vigor and vitality you can muster because one day, those will be lessened. One day you will wish you could run a few miles just to clear your head. Don't light that first cigarette. Keep those notebooks you write in day in and day out. They will be keepsakes one day.

Never give up. On anything you have a passion about.

You're gonna be someone someday, so don't leave too many skeletons for the media to dig up!

Love you,
Future You


Dear Future Me,

I have no clue where you are now, but I am willing to bet you are still writing and still hoping to be discovered by some big publisher. Oh, how exciting if that has already happened!  I hope you are someone!

I don't know if Roomy is still with you or not, but I can assure you that he loved you very much in your past. I can assure you that you finally got the love thing right. If he hasn't left you, you are really lucky because you sure gave him plenty of reasons over the years to walk out that door. If he's still there, lay this damn letter down and go give him a big ole hug.

The trials and pains and blessings of your past are all responsible for who you are today, whoever that is. You are responsible for where you are. The decisions and choices you made in your own past brought you to where you now stand and I pray it is a good, harmonious and peaceful place. I hope you are still creatively living your days and that your mind has survived the years.

I pray you are surrounded by love and that your children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren are all a loving part of your everyday life.

I also hope you do not outlive your good health. I hope you die quietly in your sleep after a full day of whatever makes you smile.

I hope you are still ready for that day as you were back here in my time.

Jo


17 comments:

  1. I always love your openness and honesty. This is not an easy task but you handled it with dignity and grace. Good job! And I have no doubt you and hubby will grow old together and you will always be creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a really good thing! Thank you for always having my back Kat...I am so lucky to have you. Really.

      Delete
  2. Hope all your dreams come true Jo! And as always, love reading all the open and honest words! Great post!! You rocked it! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You are always so generous!

      Delete
  3. You will always be surrounded by love! Great post! As ever, thanks for your uplifting blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope most of them are, but now and then I do post a big ole downer because, well, life is like that sometimes, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. You always tell it like it is...that's what I love the most about you Jo!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I'm not so good at making things sound better than they are. God did not make me perfect and I feel I should admit that and do the best I can to get a bit closer! It's a lot of work some days! lol

      Delete
  5. I hope all the dreams you have for your life come to pass.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be good! Thanks, Kathy for your loyalty and your good wishes.

      Delete
  6. Both letters are full of wisdom. I would just add--to the future you letter, 'a big ole pat on the back for getting published again, and again, and again'!! It will happen and you won't be waiting ♥

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish I woulda thought of that! Thanks for putting that out there in the universe. :-)

      Thank you again for taking time from your way too busy life for little ole me. ♥

      Delete
  7. I believe that life balances out so every trial and pain in the past, is a happy and loving event in the future. And the kindness you show is always repaid. I think your future is pretty safe in happiness.

    Here's my post on the prompt. Dear Past Future Me

    ReplyDelete

I really want to know that YOU were here...please drop me a note or just say Hi ~ I do love a comment and it keeps me motivated!

You write and I will answer. Eventually. Show the love!