The Home Page

Tuesday, October 23, 2012


VACATION ~ Headache or Happiness

Most of our vacations have been heavenly. I am sure the best of all would be the last trip to Hawaii.  We celebrated our 25th anniversary with my sister, Pat and her husband John on Maui. Does it get any better than that? Not for us, definitely.  We had one week on Oahu alone and spent most of the time on the beach and enjoying wonderful meals and not a few tropical cocktails. We never missed a sunset and never laughed so much.

The second week was on Maui in a lovely condo on the Napoli coast. We were treated to dolphin shows right outside our door and lush tropical plants everywhere we looked. The mornings consisted of coffee on our veranda overlooking the Pacific and hoping for a show of whales or dolphins. We saw some of each during the week. The afternoons we spent sight-seeing or shopping with Pat and John and we had dinner with them nearly every night.
Pat and John, 2-12-2007 at Mama's Fish House, Maui, HI

Our anniversary dinner was at Mama’s Fish House a positively beautiful and delicious meal just off the beach of one of the most magnificent bodies of water on earth. The deep blue of the Pacific is all around you on Maui and you see volcanoes inland to admire and climb, if you’re inclined. There is no place I’d rather have spent our 25th anniversary than in Hawaii with my husband and my sister.

That was a vacation filled with happiness.


Roomy and me ~ March 12, 2007 at Mama's Fish House, Maui, HI
 25 years of wedded bliss

10 comments:

  1. Such a great photo of you and your roomie ;) I would love to return to Hawaii one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn. I do love the islands, but have been 4 times and that's enough for me. I'll take the Caribbean now. It's closer and so very beautiful. No 12 hours flights!

      Delete
  2. Great place to have an anniversary! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you...it was beautiful and we had a great time.

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures and what a great anniversary!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last picture simply transmits love, understanding, respect! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pic Jo and a great way to celebrate a 25th. I would love to visit Hawaii someday.

    vacation happiness or headache

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzy...it is a lovely place and you should see it!

      Delete

I really want to know that YOU were here...please drop me a note or just say Hi ~ I do love a comment and it keeps me motivated!

You write and I will answer. Eventually. Show the love!