October 9, 2012
Good morning, afternoon or evening! I am today's host for the BlogFEST and today's prompt is a finish this sentence prompt.
If I ruled the world...
You may finish this one any way you please. Any way at all. Run with it! I can't wait to read your thoughts!
When you have written your thoughts...place the url to your blog in the comments box below, if you'd like, BUT don't forget to post in the thread on
Here are my thoughts on this one...
Honestly, if I ruled the world you would not recognize the world in which you live.
- There would be no discrimination because ALL people would be equals on all levels.
- There would be no crime because there would be no need to harm others to get what you need.
- If you want a job, you get a job. If you can't work, you get food, home and necessities. You would be required to do a government job, such as phone work, computer work, something you are capable of doing and currently someone else is being paid to do.
- Taxes would be a % of your total income ~ period ~ all income from all sources taxed the same %.
- Health care would be available to all on an equal basis. It can't be that hard to provide, so many other countries are doing it. Higher tax percentage, yes, more benefits and less out of pocket, yes.
- Hunger would be eliminated by providing free food pick-ups for those who could cook, if they had food and kitchens for those who have no way to cook. Funding, you ask? That tax % would help and donations would sustain. Schools would all have programs that the students would work to raise cash for each of these causes. Churches would be encouraged to become major sponsors and people will rise to the need. They always do.
- War would be abolished world-wide. How? It would become illegal to engage in war and any country that started or participated would be cut-off from all other countries. No trade. No financial aid. No support of any kind. No exceptions.
- Children would be required to live within an hour of their parents as long as their parents were living. Okay, this one is just silly, but I would love it.